Best Album Ever!
55 / 5
I’ve always loved Foreigner, and this is hands-down their very best album. Strangely, despite the great singles released from this album, Luanne quickly became my favorite.
The first foreigner album I've ever listened to
55 / 5
By Volleyball luver 2000
One of my favorite foreigner albums
We love it
55 / 5
Great Album…but iTunes is flogging us
55 / 5
This is a really a great album. The best cuts are the ones you didn’t hear on the radio. I strongly recommend. BUT….come on iTunes! Why do you have to bend over your customers? I can get this same album from amazon for $3. Uncool. Greedy.
Great great record
55 / 5
There is some great music here. I recommend all the tracks on here, because they are all great. I liked all the songs on here because they were all equally as great, but if you only want a few songs, buy "Juke Box Hero," "Waiting For A Girl Like You," "Urgent," and "Woman In Black." Great music!
The group's finest...
55 / 5
You may see 'Waiting For A Girl Like You' and 'Urgent' and think "Agh! Too pop!" Well, don't. Simply, the whole album is awesome!
55 / 5
The first record I ever bought, still love it to this day.
11 / 5
$10 on iTunes or $3 at Wal-Mart?
22 / 5
By Hit Hater
I am with Darian80 on this one. If you think this is Foreigner's best album, then you probably think Springsteen's Born in the USA is his best album. Both of these albums had huge success with monster hits but don't be fooled by the gruel that record companies and radio stations feed you. Go deeper and discover Foreigner's first two albums which are surf and turf not gruel with a couple of cherries in it. Yes, I know these were their most successful albums according to sales. McDonalds sells more food than any other restaurant but that doesn't mean they have the best food.
55 / 5
By R.A.G. oldies fan
What a great album this is. I mean, it's not like the other three before before it weren't brilliant, but this one is undoubtably their best. But it's not just the hit singles Urgent, Juke Box Hero, and I've Been Waiting for a Girl Like You, there are a lot of other incredible ones on here. The opening track, Night Life, is a great opener and sets the tone for the rest of the record, but just as a warning, it gets annoying if you listen to it too much. I'm Gonna Win is a great, dramatic track, and perhaps one of their best non-hit songs, as are Don't Let Go and Girl on the Moon, the latter being one of their most underrated songs. Luanne is also a good track but a bit repetitive and similar to some of their other previous ballads. Break it Up is perhaps the beginning of the sounds that are featured on Agent Provacatuer and Inside Information. Woman in Black is one of the weaker tracks on here but is still very good. In spite of my finicky nature, I can't say there really is a single filler on this, and it is arguably the definitive album of the early 80s. Just buy it!!!. What do you have to lose, after having this for a year, you will have all the proof you need that nearly all of today's popular hard rock bands are just a bunch of wannabes. I don't usually ever write a song by song overview, but that is just what I'm going to do.
1. Night Life. The heavy, tough as nails opener. The theme of the song seems to break the rest of the album open. It has a great guitar part and Lou Gramm at his shouting best. Only drawback is that the vocals are just slightly annoying at points. Still 9/10.
2. Juke Box Hero. One of the biggest, if not Foreigner's biggest hit. It's got killer guitar rifts and another screaming performance from Gramm that again hurts your ears at points. In spite of its success, I think it is a bit overrated. Still good enough for 10/10.
3. Break It Up. One of Foreigner's most underrated tracks, and one that should have been a bigger hit than it was. Perhaps cause there was so many other good songs on here. I love the minor key dramatic melody, and Lou Gramm gives one of his timeless vocal performances. The vocals perfectly capture the mood of the song. 10/10.
4. Waiting For a Girl Like You. The most overrated song on this album. The keyboards are briliant, but still the melodyi is a bit boring. Still, another great vocal performance by Gramm, full of passion and tenderness. 9/10.
5. Luanne. A very good album track. With its teenage theme, it sounds like it could have come straight off of their previous album Head Games. 9/10.
6. Urgent. One of Foreigner's absolute best songs, period. The tension of the minor key guitar and Gramm's passionate singing make this one a classic. 10/10.
7. I'm Gonna Win. A totally underrated song, a killer vocal and dramatic theme, with Gramm screaming of his refusal to give up on life serving as a serious pump-up. 10/10.
8. Woman In Black. Probably the album's worst song, but still great (that shows how good this album is!). A young man mesmorised by an attractive young woman in the dark. A sense of pleaing. 9/10.
9. Girl on the Moon. Another tender ballad that is overshadowed by Waiting For A Girl Like You, but I think it is just as good, if not better. One of Foreigner's most overlooked gems. 9.5/10.
10. Don't Let Go. This is a nice song, but it just fails to stand out. Sounds like Break It Up and Luanne mixed together. Still though, it is another solid album track worthy of 9/10.